Phlebotomist Trainee Programme
Are you ready for a new challenge? Labtests is offering several successful applicants the chance to earn while they learn to become a Qualified and Registered Phlebotomist.
Labtests are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, and competent Trainee Phlebotomists to join our approved two-year Trainee Phlebotomy programme.
In this programme, successful applicants would be trained on approved blood and other specimen extraction, collection, labelling and preservation techniques in preparation for laboratory analysis. The programme will also ensure our Trainee Phlebotomists learn the labtests way of providing a professional customer service link between health professionals, their patients and the laboratory. Upon completion, will be eligible to sit the Qualified Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT) certificate and if successful will become registered with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand as a Qualified Phlebotomist.
In this role, you will work as part of a team in collection centres within an assigned DHB region in rostered shifts, between the hours of 7.00am - 7.00pm. Weekend work may be required and would attract penal rates therefore, to be successful in this programme, you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills, be warm and friendly with a willing attitude and commitment to service delivery.
- Absolute respect for quality with high attention to detail, and the ability to follow defined standardised operating procedures.
- A high level of written and interpersonal professional communication skills and the knowledge of and respect for ensuring patient confidentiality at all times and in all matters.
- To demonstrate a high level of technical competency by developing and maintaining skills in Phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures
- Demonstrate cultural and social sensitivity and be sensitive to special needs
If you are ready to commit to a two year training programme and think you have what it takes to become a successful Qualified Phlebotomist, we would like to hear from you.