Are you looking for an opportunity that utilises your excellent customer service skills and to gain a new qualification in the Healthcare profession?
Wellington SCL Limited is the provider of pathology services to the wider Wellington region. Our Patient Services Department is responsible for the collection of blood samples direct from our community based collection centres, hospitals and rest homes, we also do home visits and work closely with GP's. These samples are then processed and tested in our state of the art Medical Laboratory.
Our Phlebotomists work collaboratively as part of a close knit team to provide excellent front line collection services while demonstrating behaviours that reflect Wellington SCL values. Your goal is to provide a professional customer service link between health professionals, the public and our laboratory. This is a public facing role, so to be successful you will have excellent customer service skills, be warm and friendly with a willing attitude.
In return for your commitment to service excellence we will provide you with our full on the job training programme in Phlebotomy while supporting you to become a Qualified Phlebotomy Practitioner with the NZ Medical Sciences Council.
We currently have full-time, part-time and casual opportunities available;
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate previous experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrate cultural and social sensitivity and be sensitive to special needs
- Be able to accurately follow detailed instructions and procedures in a fast paced operating environment
- Be highly motivated towards learning and development in order to develop technical competency in Phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures
- Be part of a team that participates in weekend rosters
- Have an awareness in Ethical Customer Service and Privacy in accordance with Health Sector regulations
- Hold a current full drivers licence
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality phlebotomy services to the Wellington region, please apply online