Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology
- International career opportunities
- Ongoing training and development
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Healthscope, has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960 with laboratories throughout the country. Our team consists of talented and skilled individuals, all of whom play an important role in helping us to be New Zealand's leading provider of quality private healthcare services.
Your core role will be processing specimens, reading culture plates, identifying potential pathogens, testing and reporting susceptibilities. Other general microbiology laboratory tasks will be included. To be considered for this role you will have:
- NZ Medical Laboratory Science Council Registration (or eligibility for registration)
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligible to apply for)
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work in a precise and timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, 80 hours per fortnight, position including participation in the shift, weekend and on-call rosters. We are focussed and committed to providing an excellent service to the greater community. Demonstration of attention to detail, excellent time management, good computer skills and accuracy will assist your application.