Second in Charge Biochemistry
Wellington SCL provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, health care professionals and their patients. Wellington SCL is owned by Healthscope a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
Our Wellington Laboratory located in Wellington Hospital has a management role available as 2IC Biochemistry. This is one of two 2IC positions in the department. As 2IC your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical and scientific advice, training and education to other members of staff
- Take responsibility for and work in collaboration with the Head of Department and 2IC to ensure the effective day-to-day running of department
- Assist in the completion of staff reviews, rostering of staff, approval and management of leave, accurate authorisation of payroll and allocation of relieving staff
- Support HOD and assist in staff management including performance
- Ensure the department delivers a high quality of service and maintains a stable team by promoting an open, collaborative and supportive environment
- Ensure efficient stock control and effective use of consumables
- Participate in future planning and policy setting for the department
- Assist in developing and introducing appropriate methodology to the laboratory
- Assist HOD to organise and prioritise workflow to meet company's and client's requirements
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Registration with the NZ Medical Laboratory Science Board including a current annual practicing certificate
- Experience in a leadership/management role
- Good time management and computer skills
- Recent experience in Chemical Pathology
- Experience with a range of automated systems, manual methodologies and specialised techniques is required.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills and the ability to use these for coaching and mentoring of others
- Flexibility to work rostered shifts form Monday to Sunday.