Medical Laboratory Scientist, Haematology
Labtests provides community pathology services to the greater Auckland region. Our laboratory is in the top 5% of the world's most automated and technically advanced to deliver an outstanding service for patients and health professionals.
We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical and service innovations.
Joining Labtests will not only see you working alongside some of the best talent New Zealand has to offer, it provides you the opportunity to work in a purpose built world class laboratory environment utilising state of the art technology.
Internal advancement has created a need for a Medical Laboratory Scientist in our Haematology department.
Reporting to the HoD Haematology, your role will see you; performing both routine and specialised tests with a high degree of confidence, playing an active role in professional development for yourself and other team members.
Your role will see you performing both routine and specialised tests with a high degree of skill and confidence.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- To be fully registered with the NZ Medical Science Council
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A background in Haematology (minimum of 2 years' laboratory experience) with a high level of competency in blood film morphology.
- Understanding of Internal and External QAP.
- Flexibility in hours of work including availability to work weekends
- Disciplined, self-motivated and a positive approach to work
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Customer focus and commitment to providing a high quality of service to internal and external customers
- A good understanding of Health and Safety regulations and the ability to ensure a safe workplace
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
Flexibility with your working hours will be invaluable to the team, as will be a customer focus and commitment to provide an excellent service to the greater community.