Medical Laboratory Scientist
- International career opportunities
- Ongoing training and development
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Healthscope, has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960 and has laboratories throughout the country.
Our busy Wellington Hospital Laboratory, which provides service to both the Hospital and Community is looking for a Laboratory Scientist to work collaboratively as part of the Biochemistry team, which provides diagnostic testing of medical specimens and delivers a professional standard of customer service.
Ideally you will be a fully registered scientist with the MLS Board or a new graduate with BMLS, have a current Annual Practicing Certificate and have an understanding of basic techniques, methods and protocols utilised within the Biochemistry laboratory.
This position requires
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- A team focus with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail with good record-keeping skills
- Knowledge of laboratory operations including Health and Safety principles.
Flexibility working shifts across a 24/7 roster is required as is a customer focus and commitment in order to meet the service needs.