Lead Microbiology Role
- International career opportunities
- Ongoing training and development
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare
Have you ever wished to live in the sunny Hawkes Bay, amidst the wineries and fruit trees, where you can enjoy the climate? If you have a career in Microbiology then we have a possibility for you to realise your dream of living in the Hawkes Bay while continuing your profession.
Hawkes Bay SCL is seeking a Head of Department for our Microbiology Department. This permanent full-time position is based in our Hastings laboratory.
In this rewarding role you will lead, manage and develop the Microbiology department, the service level and staff of the department will be your responsibility.
We are looking for a skilled registered medical laboratory scientist with at least 5 years' experience in Microbiology, who works collaboratively with others fostering a positive team environment within the department and across the wider organisation.
Our ideal candidate will be operating at a senior level within the medical laboratory environment, including:
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of technical people to sustain high standards of quality and performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- A commitment to customer service and process improvement
- Strong technical skills with proven experience in managing quality, problem solving and decision making, even when under pressure
- Experience in planning and organising people and physical resources to achieve departmental goals.
- Hawkes Bay SCL is a small laboratory within a large network, as a result this is a unique opportunity to manage in a boutique environment with the backing and support systems of a major corporate.
Hawkes Bay SCL is a business within the Healthscope Group and as such you will have access to the wider corporate support and resources of a large health focussed business.
All in all the role has it everything, a fabulous location to live in, an opportunity to manage a team of dedicated professionals and the backing of a large corporate!
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Iain Christie, General Manager Hawkes Bay SCL on 027 439 3006.