Second in Charge, Haematology
Canterbury SCL is a part of Healthscope New Zealand and the sole provider of Community Pathology services for the Canterbury region. Canterbury SCL is in a strategic alliance with Canterbury Health Laboratories, the sole provider of Public Hospital Laboratory services in the Canterbury region. There is close collaboration between the two organisations.
Christchurch has, and still is, undergoing a major transformation with rebuilds occurring across the city resulting in a more vibrant and diverse culture of people with access to great education, the arts, sports and recreation to ensure there is plenty of scope for work life balance.
Due to the impending retirement of the current second in charge, we require a highly experienced and qualified Scientist to fill this role. The role is available from mid December 2017.
Your role will see you performing testing with a high degree of skill and confidence as well as assisting the Head of Department with the operational running of the department and reviewing methods and procedures. To be considered for this role you will need:
- To be a registered scientist with the NZ Medical Science Council
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A background in Haematology (minimum of 7 years' laboratory experience) with a high level of competency in blood film morphology.
- Previous supervisory and/or staff management experience is desirable
- To have the ability to motivate, develop and train staff to the required level of competence
- The ability to delegate tasks
Normal hours of work are 80 hours per fortnight with flexibility to work on the weekend and shift roster as required. If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly, supportive team then we want to hear from you.