Section Head - Haematology
Are you looking to escape the bustle of the city?
Based in Whangarei, Northland Pathology provides community pathology testing for the greater Northland region.
Whangarei sits on the coast, with beautiful beaches and access to incredible diving, fishing and sailing. There are plenty of walking, tramping and cycling opportunities available, alongside great wineries and through stunning countryside.
We currently have a vacancy for a Haematology Section Head within our core laboratory. Our core laboratory undertakes biochemical, haematological and immunological/serological testing.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Haematology section and for supervision of the scientists and technicians assigned to that section, reporting directly to the Head of Department of the Core laboratory. This is a full time position and you must be able to participate in a roster from 8am - 7.30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, team player. You may already have experience in this position, or you may be looking to take the next step in your career. Support will be provided to enable you to grow your professional skills in this role. You will be representing the laboratory within the Healthscope network and in turn can draw from the expertise of the group.
Preferred candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification recognised and approved by the New Zealand Medical Laboratory Science Board.
- Registration with the New Zealand Medical Laboratory Science Board including a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Experience in an accredited Haematology laboratory.
- Experience in Haematological morphology.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
For more information, please contact Chris Johnson, HOD, Core Laboratory 09 438 4243.