Phlebotomist - Casual
Do you want a career in a medical laboratory?
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Healthscope, has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with high quality, accessible and sustainable pathology services since 1960 and has laboratories throughout the country. At SCL we recognize the importance of highly qualified staff together with advanced information technology and automation to achieve service excellence.
Our Dunstan laboratory which is based at the Clyde hospital require a casual Phlebotomist or someone willing to be trained to cover annual / sick leave and be part of our team of skilled staff.
You will also be required to do some courier work which involves dropping off and picking up specimens from Alexandra and the surrounding areas. Once trained you will work as and when required so flexibility to work hours / days that are both planned and unplanned is highly desirable. The hours will normally be between 9.00am - 3.00pm Monday to Friday and availability over these times would be required.
Previous Phlebotomy experience and the required QPT qualification is desirable to ensure a high quality service is provided at all times. However, if you are prepared to work towards obtaining this qualification full training will be given to an individual with suitable background and personal attributes.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in the Healthcare sector, i.e. a medical center, rest home or other patient contact is desirable
- Have knowledge of medical terminology is desirable but not essential
- Good empathy with patients and open to collecting blood and handling contained specimens, i.e. human blood, faeces, urine, tissue etc.
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of presentation, with a professional and courteous manner
- A clean and current driver's licence
If you are dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services please apply online now!