Medical Laboratory Technician, Microbiology
Labtests are seeking an enthusiastic and competent Medical Laboratory Technician to fill a rostered, permanent, full-time (80 hours per fortnight) vacancy in our Microbiology Department.
You will be performing routine procedures and tests in accordance with set specifications and Standard Operating Procedures, and recording results correctly and accurately using the appropriate documentation. The role will also require you to maintain laboratory equipment within calibration and to support the wider Microbiology team to develop new test procedures.
The successful applicant will have:
- A demonstrable knowledge of microbiology procedures
- NZ Medical Laboratory Science Board Registration / Provisional Registration
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a methodical manner, adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Experience in TB would be advantageous
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter to healthscopecareers.co.nz/vacancies.