Head of Department, Core Lab
Southland is a vast natural playground with an abundance of wildlife, fantastic facilities, a range of activities and a relaxed pace of life, Southland is a family-friendly environment that provides the best of both worlds and is a great place to bring up children.
Due to a career advancement, the role of HoD, Core Laboratory Invercargill is vacant. This is a rare opportunity for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to grow their career and build on their existing leadership skills.
SCL Invercargill is based at the Southland Hospital. The laboratory is well equipped and performs a mix of hospital and community testing using Cobas 501/601, Radiometer 800 blood gas, Sysmex XN and Sysmex CS2500i/CS2100 analysers processing a wide variety of tests. As Head of Department you will have overall responsibility for managing all operational activities of the Haematology / Biochemistry department to ensure a quality and efficient cost effective delivery of diagnostic services to our customers and patients.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- NZ Medical Sciences Council Registration
- A current Annual or Interim Practicing Certificate
- At least 3 years supervisory and/or staff management experience
- Experience in biochemistry, haematology and/or transfusion medicine procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner
- Able to participate in after- hours shift rosters
You will be disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work; customer focused; possess effective interpersonal and time management skills; able to work independently, use initiative to solve problems and make decisions appropriately.
Healthscope offers support in management training to senior technical staff. In addition there is a funded CPD program for laboratory scientists and a discretionary scholarship fund for approved educational projects.