Trainee Mortuary Technician
We currently have a unique opportunity for a trainee Mortuary Technician to join our Wellington Mortuary department which is responsible for providing the greater Wellington region with a Forensic, Perinatal, Coronial and Hospital Post Mortem service. The department also facilitates the Hospital's Return to Patient Tissue Management Service, and liaises with bereaved families and whanau, Police, the Coroner's office, Funeral Directors and hospital staff.
The role of the trainee Technician is to support the Mortuary team to manage the day to day administration and operational functions necessary to maintain and provide high quality services to internal and external clients.
This includes monitoring arrivals and departures of visitors and contractors, assisting with body admissions and release, co-ordinating body viewings for family and whanau, liaising with staff from external agencies, managing the day to day administration tasks, assisting with viewings for bereaved families.
Full training will be provided in theatre duties and post mortems along with support to attain qualification and full registration as a Mortuary Technician.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Tact and empathy when dealing with bereaved relatives from all walks of life
- Resilience to working in a mortuary environment
- Exceptional prioritising and organisation skills
- A mature and responsible attitude to the unique nature of the workplace
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Initiative, with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team