Medlab South Timaru provides Hospital and Community pathology services the patients of Medical Specialists, Hospital Clinicians, General Practitioners and Midwives in South Canterbury.
Medlab South Timaru is part of Healthscope New Zealand; the leading private pathology provider in New Zealand. Healthscope NZ have a network of 25 IANZ accredited laboratories across New Zealand and employ 1900 dedicated and passionate healthcare professionals.
We currently have a leadership opportunity for a high-performing Laboratory Manager at our multidisciplinary laboratory in Timaru.
This is a fulltime, permanent position. This role offers you the opportunity to manage a successful laboratory, leading a great team of healthcare professionals.
To be successful in this role you need the ability to inspire and motivate others, you will have significant technical and operational knowledge of a laboratory environment and you will be able to continue to build a culture of Service Excellence, Teamwork, Aspiration and Responsibility throughout our laboratory team.
As Laboratory Manager of a multi-discipline laboratory you will be expected to work across the laboratory departments including; Blood Bank, Haematology, Microbiology and Biochemistry.
Essential to this position you will have:
- Registration as a Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Experience working in an IANZ accredited laboratory
- Excellent understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations and the ability to ensure a safe workplace
- Flexibility in hours of work including availability to work weekends and on call if required
- Disciplined, self-motivated and a positive approach to work
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Customer focus and commitment to providing a high quality of service to internal and external customers
The following attributes are desirable:
- Hold relevant qualifications and/or experience in at least one of the laboratory's disciplines
- Staff supervision and/or management experience
- Experience managing budgets and monitoring finances
- Ability to establish customer relationships and provide exceptional customer service
Timaru is located 165 km South of Christchurch and 196 km North of Dunedin, Timaru district offers a great lifestyle, affordable houses, easy commute, and abundant opportunities. Accessibility to amenities and easy lifestyle for all the family are key factors for many people who move here. Timaru district offers average house prices and great opportunities for sports and recreation. Timaru District is steeped in heritage and is active with the arts, drama, music and cultural scenes. Over 42,000 residents enjoy life in Timaru District.
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services to the greater South Canterbury region, apply online now via our website.