Casual Specimen Reception Technician
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology is New Zealand's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services operating five laboratories nationwide. Gribbles Auckland is a fully equipped, IANZ accredited, diagnostic laboratory which performs a range of testing, on behalf of private veterinarians, research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos.
We are currently looking for a casual Laboratory Technician to join our Specimen Reception Department in our Auckland lab.
The Specimen Reception Department is responsible for:
- Handling and processing all animal samples (blood, tissue, urine etc.) submitted from vet clinics
- Accurate data entry
- Responding to client enquiries
- Dispatching client orders
- Frontline reception duties (answering phones etc.)
- Providing support to our Anatomical Pathologists with tissue trimming, slide filing
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adaptability and self-motivation
- Excellent computer skills with fast and accurate data entry
- First rate customer service and service delivery
- Knowledge of veterinary, medical or scientific terminology is a definite advantage
If you enjoy a fast paced working environment and are committed, dedicated and enthusiastic, this could be the job for you!
Applicants must be eligible to work in NZ.