Wellington SCL, a division of Healthscope NZ, is the provider of the Wellington region's community and hospital pathology services. We are currently looking for Medical Secretary to fill a full-time (80 hours per fortnight) permanent position within the Anatomical Pathology Department. This position will be based at Hutt Hospital.
- Typing of Anatomical Pathology reports
- Patient letters, answering phone calls and dealing with queries
- Collating of multi-disciplinary meetings
- Patient block and slide sendaways
- General Administration
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous medical typing experience
- Fast (minimum 60 wpm), accurate typing (accuracy favoured over speed)
- A strong command of medical terminology
- Previous experience using medical databases
- Exceptional MS office experience
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills and the flexibility to take on a variety of duties as required
You will enjoy working in a highly structured environment following set procedures to the letter, appreciating the contribution you are making to excellent quality pathology services. If you are self-motivated and have high levels of attention to detail then you are exactly who we are looking for to join the friendly close knit team.