Medical Laboratory Scientist - Haematology
Wellington SCL provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, Health Care professionals and their patients. Wellington SCL is owned by Healthscope; a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
We are currently looking for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to fill a part-time (32 hours per fortnight) position in our Haematology department. The Haematology department performs a range of routine and specialist diagnostic testing and is equipped with the latest automated systems. Our laboratory operates 24/7 so this requires our Scientists to participate in a seven day rotating roster. After a period of training and orientation this role would be a sole-operator position for two post-midnight shifts (23:30 - 07:30) per week.
Preferred applicants will:
- Be fully registered with the NZ Medical Sciences Council as a Scientist
- Be able to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- Have a team focus with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Have excellent attention to detail with good record-keeping skills
- Have previous experience working in a diagnostic laboratory, preferably in Haematology
If you would like to join a friendly and supportive team and extend your skills as a Scientist then we would like to hear from you.