Medical Laboratory Scientist - Histology
Wellington SCL is the provider of pathology services to hospitals, patients of General Practitioners, Medical Specialists and midwives across the greater Wellington region.
We have a full-time, 40 hours per week, opportunity for a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist to join our Histology team based at our laboratory at Wellington Hospital.
Preferred applicants will have:
- An APC from the NZ Medical Sciences Council as a registered Scientist or Technician
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience.
- Experience across the Histology discipline, including immunohistochemical staining
- An understanding of biological science as well as knowledge of the techniques, methods and protocols used in cut up or surgical dissection
- A team focus with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail with good record-keeping skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Flexibility with your working hours will be invaluable to the team, as will be a customer focus and commitment to provide an excellent service to the greater community.
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services to the greater Wellington region, the apply online now.