Medical Laboratory Assistant
Part time position
Our Wellington Laboratory currently has an entry level laboratory assistant opportunity. A science background is not required as the position is largely data entry and admin focused. An on-the-job training programme is provided to gain the Qualified Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate (QMLT). This qualification will enable you to be registered with the NZ Medical Science Council as a Medical Laboratory Pre-Analytical Technician.
This position is 64 hours over 6 days per fortnight. Hours are rostered and rotating including weekends and evenings.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate that you:
- Have an attention for detail and accuracy, and enjoy working in a highly structured and high pressure environment
- Have good computer literacy and excellent data entry skills
- Can perform duties under supervision and meet deadlines
- Are team focused
- Understand the importance of following directions to optimise and prioritise workflow to meet the service requirements of both the company and clients
- Are conscientious and responsible
- Have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Have good communication skills
If you are self-motivated and excited by the prospect of working in a close knit team and 24/7 laboratory environment then you are exactly who we are looking for.
Wellington SCL provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, Health Care professionals and their patients. Wellington SCL is owned by Healthscope a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.