Medical Laboratory Assistant
Our Wellington Laboratory currently has entry level laboratory assistant opportunities. A science background is not required as the position is largely data entry and admin focused. An on-the-job training programme is provided to gain the Qualified Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate (QMLT). This qualification will enable you to be registered with the NZ Medical Science Council as a Medical Laboratory Pre-Analytical Technician.
We have full-time and part-time opportunities available. Hours are rostered and rotating including weekends and evenings.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate that you:
- Have an attention for detail and accuracy, and enjoy working in a highly structured and high pressure environment
- Have good computer literacy and excellent data entry skills
- Can perform duties under supervision and meet deadlines
- Are team focused
- Understand the importance of following directions to optimise and prioritise workflow to meet the service requirements of both the company and clients
- Are conscientious and responsible
- Have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Have good communication skills
If you are self-motivated and excited by the prospect of working in a close knit team and 24/7 laboratory environment then you are exactly who we are looking for.