Medical Laboratory Technician
Taranaki Pathology Services is the provider of community pathology services to the Taranaki regions.
Owned by Healthscope - New Zealand's largest network of diagnostic laboratories - we employ 55 staff in our New Plymouth laboratory and collection centres.
Our Anatomical Pathology department is looking for a qualified Anatomical Pathology (Histology) Technician, in a full time and permanent capacity (80hours per fortnight).
To succeed in this role you will need:
- To be a fully registered technician with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ and have a current APC or working towards registration. BMLSc graduates will also be considered
- The ability to follow procedures and instructions and strong problem-solving skills
- A team focus with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail with good record-keeping skills
- Advanced understanding of biological science as well as in-depth knowledge of the techniques, methods and protocols used in cut up or surgical dissection
The Anatomical Pathology Department operates from 6:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services apply online via our website.