Laboratory Technician - Biochemistry / Haematology
Parental Leave Cover - 15 Months Full Time
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology New Zealand is the country's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services, operating five laboratories nationwide. This fully equipped diagnostic laboratory performs a range of domestic and export testing, on behalf of private Veterinarians research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos and the food industry.
We are currently on the hunt for a Laboratory Technician to work in our Biochemistry & Haematology departments.
You will be a passionate and driven individual, willing to learn and be a part of a fantastic team. We require a go-getter attitude with high attention to detail and someone who can be fast-paced to keep up with a busy diagnostic laboratory. In return, we provide a safe, friendly work environment with the opportunity to learn and gain experience in an expert veterinary diagnostic laboratory.
This position is for 15 months to cover parental leave starting early December 2020 through to end of February 2022, 80 hours per fortnight with rostered Saturday work required.
The successful applicant will have:
- A science qualification or in process of completing the qualification
- Medical or veterinary diagnostic experience
- Working knowledge of biochemistry or haematology
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a laboratory
- Extremely well organised, detail-oriented and friendly with a strong focus on quality and customer service
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst working within a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise and focus on daily work to meet turnaround times