Casual Medical Courier
As a Casual Medical Courier in the logistics department, no one day is the same.
The role is based in our laboratory in Mt Wellington and is interesting and varied.
For the most part, the casual driver collects specimens and samples from around Auckland bringing them back to the laboratory.
You will also undertake many other varied duties such as:
- Ad hoc deliveries
- Possibly covering a set run for the day
- Assisting on the floor in the warehouse
- Answering telephone queries
- Administrative tasks
- General assistance with tasks around the logistics department
Our schedule operates 7 days a week. Our courier driver shifts are generally 8 - 9hr shifts and could cover any time frame 7 am - 10.30 pm Monday - Friday (reduced hours on weekends).
This is a public-facing role that at times can be demanding. You will be a great fit if are comfortable with working alone, you are able to adapt to changing schedules or routines, you are flexible and can re-prioritise as required, you are warm and friendly with a can-do attitude and a real commitment to service delivery.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A full NZ Class 1 licence
- A clean criminal and driving record
- Practice safe driving habits - following all safety regulations and standards
- Ability to follow schedules and rerouting in a timely manner when faced with traffic or congestion
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, follow routes and GPS
- Be physically fit and able - able to reach, stretch, bend, climbing in and out of the vehicles
- Good time management and prioritising skills
- Be tech-savvy - our tracking system is all run through an app on a company-provided device
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Excellent time management skills
- Focused on customer service
- Positive attitude and professional demeanour
- Able to work night, weekends, and holidays as needed
If you can work well under pressure, are self-motivated, customer service driven and want to be part of a team that makes a real contribution to quality health care services then this is the role for you!